A major version jump requires some major additions to the toolset. This release is all about adding Data Tools. For those familiar with Houdini, think CHOPs. For everyone else, think lists, sets or arrays of data. As soon as you want to deal with numbers in huge quantities, you want the tools to work with them somewhat intuitively.
This release is only scratching the surface of where I’d like to go with this. At this point only 3 tools really use data: DataDuplicates3D, sChartCreate and sPrimitiveCreate. I’ve only started with the basics, the Data Tools themselves. It’ll become increasingly interesting if I make more tools available to harvest data and open up all existing tools to use data (and I think almost half of the Fusion tools could make use of data in one way or another).
- This is an alpha pre-release, even more like a “proof of concept“
- There are plenty of loose and buggy ends I’m aware of. Still, don’t hesitate to report them
- Some sort of “data-preview” is on top of my priority list and is quite nescessary for ‘debugging’
- I’d like to put it out there for the adventurous though, and send me feedback on:
– where it breaks..
– how ‘logic’ this works for you, or not…
– and what you’s like to see next…
- At this stage, tools will most likely change… and parameters names as well. This release comes with no guarantees. Upcoming releases might not be backward compatible, so don’t use it in production, or keep this specific build with your production.
- This is actually something which I think should be in the core of Fusion, not only Krokodove. So please help me lobby for this at BlackMagic Design…
Oh, and only a Windows build for now. Mac & Linux have some issues with the string parsing (required for channel names). I’ve included a simple (commented) comp, which exposes some simple uses.
Download Krokodove v8.00.01, 64-bit for Fusion 8.0/9.0 Windows
(Mac & Linux are included but don’t have the latest data tools)